Sunday, January 10, 2010

Savage cold front hitting Miami tonight.

As temperatures approach frost or freezing tonight, I guess I'm as ready as I can be. This is my vegetable garden area. I'm praying that the wood fence and this tarp will offer the protection my veggies will need. I already have two tomatoes!



This is how I've tucked my orchids in these past few days. I never thought I would need a space heater in Miami. I have watered them and placed them as high in the green house as possible. Lets see what happens tomorrow. We're expecting the coldest night tonight.


The orchids that are attached to trees I wrap them like this during the day. At night I put a plastic bag over the cloth cover. I guess all things considered we are not that bad off. OMG I've been watching the new, we all need to pray for the folks in Nebraska.


Wanted to also share what happened in my back garden today. These wild vines, I don't know what they're called, but they sure are pretty. I love how they can just take over some of these giant Arecas. I just love how natural that looks. But, the vine can weigh heave on the Arecas and then.....


Look what happened, this poor Areca could not bend any more. I think these strange gusts of winds have not helped any. Well, it was beautiful while it lasted, that's nature for ya.

1 comment:

  1. I hope all of your plants survived the cold. I've been hearing on the news about how cold Florida and other parts of the south have been. We've had such a mild winter this year.

    ReplyDelete