Wednesday, March 16, 2011

MY NEW RAIN BARREL, SO HAPPY.

My new rain barrel should be up before the rainy season starts. I can't wait beacuse I've been wanting one for a long time. A compost bin would be nice too, maybe some day soon.

A new addition to my collection, she is so pretty. I haven't named her yet.


Isn't that a beautiful sight. My new rain barrel. I'm so happy right now!!!! Rain water is naturally soft and oxygenated, is also more acidic than tap or well water. Even though I have a well, rain water is so much better cause it doesn't have any chlorine, calcium or lime. It's great for the environment by helping to reduce the runoff. But the main reason is that plants LOVE rain water and if my plants are happy, I'm happy.

I've been wanting one of these for a looooooong time. I got one now! My very own rain barrel. Yes ladies, I'm probably the only woman out there that can get so excited about a rain barrel.



I was reading the instructions and it's so easy to install. A small adjustment to the rain gutter, and that should do it.



This is the grave yard for my broken china, great for drainage and I love how all the different color pieces look. My rain barrel is going to sit right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment