Sunday, November 8, 2009

My always evolving garden. These are before and after projects of my back yard. I could live out here! Well, in South Florida only in the winter time.

This is our little outside, in the open, breakfast table. This cute little set, I found in a garage sale some time ago, sooooooo cheap. But, I’m painting it black; it’s on my Nov. to do list. This is the back of our enclosed car port; it faces south into the back yard. This Traveler’s Palm loves it here!(I think this is a giant white birds of paradise) OMG the blooms.
The miniatrue Ixoras, red, planted as a little care free hedge along the wall conceals an electrical pipe that powers the water pump.
The Bromeliads were given to me (about 10 of them) by my sister Dolly, they where in a hanging basket. This species of Bromeliads (don’t know the name) are a maintenance free, heaven sent ground cover. In full sun they are bright burgundy red and in the shaded areas they turn light greenish. I have tons in the back and in the front.

ANYONE IS WELCOME TO HAVE SOME!

NOW.


You can see the Traveler’s Palm (white birds of paradise?)peaking in the back. The variegated Liriopes are cuddling some stepping stones that lead to my favorite part of the back yard. My potting are. I’ll show you later. The mature tree in the distance is a Bottle Cork tree.

THEN.


This is the path that leads to the new green house my hubby made me. The path was paved with Mexican tiles that I love. I wish we could afford to do the whole back yard and around the pool.
This spot has not changed much, I did get rid of the mulch because of a drainage problems. Whenever it rained you couldn't find the mulch, it floated away. I was thinking all pebbles???

NOW.




I don’t know what happened to my Cuban Oregano. It was a gift from my father-in-law, I love bumping into it and releasing that beautiful sent. It's funny, looking back I don’t know what happened to certain plants???
The stepping stones lead to the well hidden pool pump, so necessary. Love it!

THEN.


This is my quite bench. It’s set right in front of the link fence that divides our property on the south (back of the yard). I just love this spot, I love looking at the yard from this angle, it’s so peaceful back there and the kids love it. They call it the path to the secret garden.

NOW.


The Areca palms are clean here, I think I like them better now, full and somewhat messy, but notice there is much less light. I have two major challenges in my garden; the soil and the lighting. I love the Red Sisters (I think that’s what they are called) I did cut them back. I wish I didn't.

THEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment