Friday, November 20, 2009

LOOK WHAT I DID AND FOUND IN MY GARDEN TODAY.

WOW.....WOW......WOW!!! LOOK AT ALL THESE BEAUTIES BLOOMING AT THE SAME TIME. WHAT A SIGHT. I JUST LOVE MY ORCHIDS.
I now can keep all my orchids in the green house, but once they bloom I put them all over, NEAR ME TO ENJOY, once I had a blooming Vanda with the sweetest soft scent. I kept this Vanda for almost a month on my night table next to my bed. What a treat!

These are in the back porch and during this time of year I practically live out there, I'll get to see them all the time.




This is why I don't always spike my orchids. I kind of like to let them do whatever they want. I know commercial growers have to, for transportation and visual purpose but, OH! not me. Look at this Dendrobium, she's got PERSONALITY!



My latest find, this cute little Zebra, I literally dove into a garbage can for. I can't believe my sister was throwing her away. Welcome Ms. Zebra, you're new to me!



I'm going to use these Petunias and Begonias in hanging baskets, I'm sooooooo looking forward to that on Sunday.




Today I planted my impatiens in the back garden, this is my usual timing for them. In the front garden however, I think I got a little ahead of myself, I planted them Nov. 1st. That's kind of early for me, but I could not wait. This year I'm doing all one color front and back, I picked a salmonberry color I just fell in love with.

I planted 2 trays in the front and 2 in the back. Every year I say I'm going to cut down on the amount of trays, but I always talk myself into one more tray.
It really IS a great bargain! 18 impatiens in a tray for about $10.00, you can't beat that. OMG the show they put on when fully mature. I use Osmocote now and some when I give them a hair cut in mid Feb. (I'll post on that later)

No comments:

Post a Comment